Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mid-Tour Leave



Well, we made it through the first 6 mos and boy was it hard. Now we had better things to look forward to. We had spent our honeymoon in Hawaii and we couldn't wait to go back.

My parents once again stepped in to help and support our plans. We decided that I would go first and have a week alone with John. Then they would bring Rob so we could spend 2.5 weeks together as a family. They had their own vacation during this time. Then they would take Rob home and give John and I a few more days alone together.

The plan was to meet at the Honolulu Airport on February 14th. Yes, Valentine's Day, could we be any cheesier?! John was suppose to arrive first and wait until my flight got in. But I had other plans. I arranged for my flight to come in the day before so I was waiting for John when he stepped off the plane. It was a sweet reunion and made easier because I was already checked into our room at the Hale Koa.



We had a month in paradise and it was wonderful. We had a lot of quality time together to reconnect and once Rob got there our family was complete again. We did the typical things: ocean, beach, pool and room service. We also took Rob to Sea Life park, Bellows beach and Hanauma Bay. Things were going so well but we knew the hard part was coming.



My folks hooked back up with us for a few days. They have always loved John and considered him their son. So they were happy to get to spend some time with him too. Then it was time to say good bye to them and Rob. John had a real hard time saying good-bye because he knew how much Rob was going to change before he saw him again. Now the count down was on for us.

John and I were scheduled to leave the same day. His flight was first. Again the horrible good-bye, it never got any easier. The one thing that helped a little bit was my trip to Korea coming up in the spring. I was going to spend a month with him and help with his promotion to Captain. At least there were less days to mark off on the calendar.


No comments:

Post a Comment