Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby's Nursery


We lived on post at Fort Polk. Since John was a 2LT we qualified for a small 2 bedroom apartment. It actually wasn't too bad since we didn't own much furniture. Fort Polk is in the middle of nowhere in Louisiana. We had a small regular Wal-Mart, a few fast food places and a few bars. So trying to decorate a first time nursery was really difficult.

Lucky for me my friends and family came through in a big way. My mom would take pictures of stuff at a baby superstore in St. Louis and send them to me. I went through all of them, picked out what I liked, and then she went back and registered for me. I also had 2 baby showers that were wonderful. I got the nursery done early and most days I loved to wander through it.

I know this is a short post but my labor story deserves it's own post.


No comments:

Post a Comment