Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One happy baby


Once I was recovered from my gallbladder surgery I was ready to go home to Fort Polk. Rob was 3 mos old, feeding well and sleeping through the night. Of course I think he was the best baby. He was calm and happy and smiled all the time. Once we were home everything slipped into a routine. Rob would wake up between 8 and 8:30, have breakfast, then he played in his play pen while I straighten up the house. Since we lived on post John was able to come home for lunch most days. Anytime John came home it was an event!

As soon as Rob would hear John he would start cooing, kicking his feet and waving his hands. He would not settle down until John picked him up...it was just too cute. Afternoons were spent swinging outside and then napping for a couple of hours. That let me get laundry done and organize dinner.

Things were moving along smoothly for 2 mos until we got a phone call. John's mom was rushed to the hospital and was in the ICU. Everything would change very quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment